fredag den 17. juli 2009

Flower, blossom, floral, purple

"Have you seen my hibiscus'? Aren't they pretty this year?"
I can just manage, that my mom wants me to see all her flowers in the garden. And I agree, they are pretty. Especially the red ones at the terrace is beautifull.
But! Why is it, that when you talk about flowers, the names of the colours is been... like, changed? She points at one of her plants (what the hell is a sommerfuglebusk called in English!?) and goes "Oh, the black one is really big by now."
My only comment is "It's not black. It's purple."
"... Maybe a little, but it's ALMOST black!"
"... It's dark purple, mom."
She haves a lot of those bushes. She also haves a red one, she claimes. It's purple too. And the light blue... yeah, it's kinda light blue, but it's purple. I'm sorry to say, mom.
The best thing about it is, that mom hates the colour purple (not the movie, but the actual colour), and I think that is why she wants it to be... not purple.

And I am going to Holland tomorrow! Whoohoo!
So take care of each other, when I'm not arround to do it. It's an order.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar